Galaxy W I8150 ahs received a new firmware update XXLMG Android 2.3.6 that you can download and install on your phone. It is also preferred to update your phone to the latest update as it fixes old bugs and glitches in the firmware. You can easily install XXLMG Android 2.3.6 on Galaxy W I8150 using our tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy W I8150 to Android 2.3.6 XXLMG Gingerbread official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below because you never know when something might go wrong.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 2.3.6 XXLMG Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Galaxy Ace S5830, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy W to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy W USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy W I8150 to Android 2.3.6 XXLMG official firmware.