Update Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 to JPLI1 Android 2.3.6 Offiical Firmware
Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 is a new addition to our tutorials database since a new firmware JPLI1 Android 2.3.6 is now available for download. Galaxy Y Pro Duos will get full Arabic language support with this firmware. This firmware update is part of the October 2012 firmwares that have been released by Samsung over Samsung KIES. For those who were not able to download the new software update, can grab the full download with tutorial from this article. You can easily install JPLI1 Android 2.3.6 on Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 using our tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 to Android 2.3.6 JPLI1 official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below before proceeding as a precaution. This firmware is completely unbranded and is available all unlocked Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
This ROM is completely stock with no third-party changes or apps included in it. You can use this firmware to unroot your Android device with the official update.
Android 2.3.6 JPLI1 Firmware Details:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Android 2.3.6 JPLI1 firmware on Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512.