Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to XXBLI4 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
XXBLI4 Android 4.0.4 is one of the latest firmwares out for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. You can update your tablet using Samsung KIES, or you can always follow our tutorial given below. We have written down all the steps and instructions you need. You can easily update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to XXBLI4 Android 4.0.4 ICS using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXBLI4 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) P5100 using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data as you never know when you might end up with a problem. This firmware will have Vodafone bits as it is branded for Vodafone. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.4 XXBLI4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install XXBLI4 Android 4.0.4 firmware on Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) P5100.