How to Install Galaxy Nexus I9250 Android 4.1.2 MIUI.us Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
Since Android 4.1.2 hs been released to AOSP, all the AOSP-based custom ROMs are being updated with the Android 4.1.2 base. MIUI is one of the popular Chinese custom firmwares that is now also updated with Android 4.1.2. You can update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to MIUI.us Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware from the tutorial below. Your Galaxy Nexus should be already rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install MIUI.us Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with complete steps and instructions on how to backup your phone. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to MIUI.us Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.