Update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to XXALJL Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 was launched a few weeks ago. It is the mid-budget Android phone with relatively good specs. A new firmware update XXALJL Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now available for the phone. You can grab the new software update from over at Samsug KIES or for those who are rooted and for some reason cannot get the official software update notification, you can always follow our tutorial below to install the official firmware. I8190XXALJL is now available as an unbranded firmware for unlocked Galaxy S3 Mini. You can easily update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to XXALJL Android 4.1.1 using our tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXALJL Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 (United Kingdom) using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution, because you never know when something might go wrong and you could lose your data. This is an official (and unbranded) firmware update by Samsung, not a custom ROM. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.1 XXALJL Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. (optional, when updating via ODIN).
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to XXALJL Android 4.1.1 official firmware.