How to Install Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
After getting Android 4.1.2 AOKP on the AT&T Galaxy S3 and T-Mobile Galaxy S3, you can now also install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. AOKP has just been updated to Milestone 1 build 1 and we have been following its development since the very first Jelly Bean builds of AOKP. You can update Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with complete steps. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because you will have to wipe all your data as usual with installing a custom firmware. Remember, this is a custom ROM, not an official firmware update by Samsung. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean Features:
- Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
- Allow “Vibrate on Touch” behavior for Slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden like in ICS – long press on the Settings button!
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slide
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Verizon Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
UPDATE: Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean for the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is NOW available for download. Read the tutorial here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware.