How to Install Galaxy S3 I9300 XXDLJ4 Softmax Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
Another day and we are again out hunting for good custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. We recently wrote about how you can install the Android 4.1.2 AOKP custom firmware on your phone, and now we have another new ROM for those who love to have Touchwiz on their phones – Softmax ROM. You can update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. Remember, this is a custom ROM, not an official firmware update by Samsung. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Features:
- -Based on official firmware 4.1.1 XXDLJ4 (UK)
- -Stock look-theme free for avoid slowing down device and keep stock look.
- -Stock bootanimation & bootsound
- -UI sounds changed (not bloop bloop in menus & some others)
- -Stock power off animation
- -Kies Supported
- -Pre-rooted deodexed and zipaligned
- -Build prop tweaked
- -extended power menu ( thanks to AndiP )
- -Smart rotation enabled
- -pop up browser ( thanks to raubkatze )
- -Native Call Recording (thanks to wanam Guide)
- -Non increasing ring (thanks to wanam Guide)
- -Transparent weather (new in house with accuweather logo removed)
- -Modded NFC app to keep it running even at lockscreen (thanks to AndiP)
- -CRT off effect (thanks to AndiP)
- -Stock GS3 gallery
- -Add Paper artist from N7100 (for anyone want to use C-Pen)
- -Add torch light widget from N7000 (assistive light is ungly but still present for anyone want it)
- -Add Galaxy Note 2 Camera app ( working flawlessly without bugs)
- -Add Gmail 4.2 ( pinch to zoom option)
- -Add cpu Spy
- -Add some fonts
- -Add some Live Wallpapers(including earth live wallpapers from sony xperia)
- -Add flash Player
- -Add Google Ears ( with transparent widget )
- -Add play Music
- -Add Play Books
- -Kernel latest cf-root with cwm 5.5 ::CF-V 1.5 (insecure)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware.