Install Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 users can now enjoy Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software update with AOKP’s latest build release. Just to make it clear, this is a custom ROM, not an official firmware update by Samsung, AOKP ROMs have a completely stock firmware interface with no TouchWiz, but their stock firmware comes with great additional features and system tweaks. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. You can now install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean custom firmware using ClockworkMod recovery. Be warned, that this tutorial will wipe all your existing installed apps and personal settings. Please backup your data from the tools given below. Let’s continue below to the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
UPDATE: AOKP Milestone 1 based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available. Read the tutorial here!
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean Features:
- Custom NavBar for Tablets
- NavBar widgets are back from ICS
- Highly customizable Lockscreen Ring targets, with a shiny new editor in ROMControl! (also thanks to CM for the base of the framework part)
- Alternate default app picker (like in GB)
- Menu UI Overflow Toggle
- Option to disable vibration for Notification expansion
- RAM Bar in the Recents panel
- Timeout and instant lock options for Slide lock
- Tons of beautiful new icons by Kwes
- VPN Traffic amount in human readable format
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 (WiFi + 3G) to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean custom ROM.