Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean United Kingdom Official Firmware
The wait is over for the Galaxy S3 I9300 users in the United Kingdom. XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update is now available. It has been released over at Samsung KIES and users can update through there. For those who are rooted or for some reason cannot get the official software update notification, you can always follow our tutorial below to install the official firmware. I9300XXDLJ4 is now available as an unbranded firmware for unlocked Galaxy S3. You can easily update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 using our tutorial below and root this firmware as well.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution, because you never know when something might go wrong and you could lose your data. This is an official (and unbranded) firmware update by Samsung, not a custom ROM. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
UPDATE: A new Jelly Bean firmware update XXDLJ5 Android 4.1.1 is out now. Read the tutorial from here!
Android 4.1.1 XXDLJ4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Previous Jelly Bean test firmware tutorials for Galaxy S III:
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLIH Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLIB Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. (optional, when updating via ODIN).
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 official firmware.