Install Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
We just wrote about how you can install the latest Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Galaxy Nexus (GSM) and now we bring you another tutorial to install the same Android 4.1.2 ROM on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus as well. This ROM will certainly make you enjoy Android a lot more because of its stock experience with a number of new features and tweaks.. You can install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on VZW Galaxy Nexus using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean on Verizon Galaxy Nexus with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
UPDATE: AOKP Milestone 1 based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available. Read the tutorial here!
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean New features:
- Custom NavBar for Tablets
- NavBar widgets are back from ICS
- Highly customizable Lockscreen Ring targets, with a shiny new editor in ROMControl! (also thanks to CM for the base of the framework part)
- Alternate default app picker (like in GB)
- Menu UI Overflow Toggle
- Option to disable vibration for Notification expansion
- RAM Bar in the Recents panel
- Timeout and instant lock options for Slide lock
- Tons of beautiful new icons by Kwes
- VPN Traffic amount in human readable format
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus LTE to connect it with the computer. Download Verizon Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update VZW Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 Jelly Bean custom ROM.