Update ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T to Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T can now be updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10 – CM10) firmware with a custom ROM. There is no update on when will we be able to see the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Transformer Pad Infinity, but you can give it a try with the new custom firmware. We have a the full tutorial that you need to update Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. You can easily install Android 4.1.2 on Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T using this tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware using a custom recovery. Please backup your data from the tools given below as you will need to wipe out all your personal data and apps from the internal storage. Let’s continue below to the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity to connect it with the computer. Download ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using ASUS KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving ASUS Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
UPDATE: CM10 with the latest Android 4.1.2 is now available for this Android phone. Read here for the tutorial.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.