How to Install Galaxy S Duos S7562 ZSALI3 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 can now be updated to ZSALI3 Android 4.0.4. It is the latest firmware available for the Galaxy S Duos by Samsung for the China / Hong Kong users. For those who have missed this firmware update via Samsung KIES can follow the manual tutorial we have given below to install. This S7562ZSALI3 update is a September 2012 release and we expect it to fix previous bugs. You can install ZSALI3 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy S Duos S7562 using this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy S Duos S7562 with ZSALI3 Android 4.0.4 official firmware using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data from the tips given below because you never know when something might go wrong. You do NOT need to have root or have ClockworkMod recovery installed for this tutorial. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
You can also install stock ZSALI3 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware after using a custom ROM and now you can unroot Galaxy S Duos S7562 and do a fresh installation of the phone using this tutorial.
Android 4.0.4 ZSALI3 Firmware Details:
Regions: China, Hong Kong
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S Duos to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S Duos USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install ZSALI3 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy S Duos S7562.