Well, here you go. A full tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 is now available at Team Android with full step-by-step instructions and it will work with every firmware of this phone. You can now root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 with a very easy tutorial using ODIN. Rooting Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread will allow you to install custom ROMs, a custom recovery and several other tweaks.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread official firmware using ODIN, the flashing tool by Samsung. Make sure you do not forget to backup all your personal data and apps before proceeding as you never know when something might go wrong during the rooting process. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware.
How to Root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread software version. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This rooting method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial will not wipe out your data, but please make sure you backup all your important data.
- ClockworkMod recovery will be installed as you perform this rooting tutorial.
- This rooting method only works on Windows.
- CWM Recovery that will be installed below is of GT-S7500, but it works fine with Galaxy Mini 2 S6500.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download CWM Recovery (clockworkmod-18.104.22.168.tar.md5) + Download RootMe.zip Package for Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 to your computer.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to root Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button, till you see the Samsung logo on the screen.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy Mini 2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ / ‘AP’ and select the file “clockworkmod-22.214.171.124.tar.md5”.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, close ODIN. turn OFF your phone again.
Step 11 – Turn OFF your phone and boot into Recovery Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons till you see the GT-S7500 screen (don’t worry, ignore that wrong model number) and then you will get the Recovery Mode menu.
Step 12 – Extract the RunMe.zip file that you downloaded in Step 1 anywhere in your computer.
Step 13 – Run the RunMe.bat file from the extract files.
Step 14 – Follow all the on-screen instructions and wait for it to finish.
Step 15 – Once everything is completed, you will be shown the Recovery Mode menu again. Press the Home key to select “reboot system now”. Your phone will reboot.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 has now been rooted on Android 2.3.6 software version. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.