Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Latest Official Firmware
After the previous brief roll out of the Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300, Samsung is now again rolling out the latest XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 I9300. I9300XXDLJ1 has just released a few minuets ago over Samsung KIES and is now available for download. And like always, we have a working tutorial by which you can easily update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1. You can now also root this firmware.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of installing XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution, because you never know when something might go wrong and you could lose your data. This is an official firmware update by Samsung, not a custom ROM. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.1 XXDLJ1 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Previous Jelly Bean test firmware tutorials for Galaxy S III:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. (optional, when updating via ODIN).
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLJ1 Android 4.1.1 official firmware.