Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Official OTA Software Version
Google has pushed out the official Android 4.1.2 JZO54K OTA software update for the Google Galaxy Nexus (takju) today. Android 4.1.2 for Nexus 7 and the other Galaxy Nexus device was released a few days ago. You can now update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K OTA software release using our tutorial below. Remember, this is an Android 4.1.1 JRO03C to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K OTA update, which means your phone should be on build JRO03C to install this update.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 4.1.2 JZO54K OTA on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with complete steps on how to install the official update in your phone. Please make sure you backup all your personal data and apps using the tips given below, before proceeding. Here is the tutorial to root Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy Nexus. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update your Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.2 software update. If you have a rooted Galaxy Nexus, head over to the next page directly for the complete tutorial.
Install Android 4.1.2 JZO54K OTA Official Update on Galaxy Nexus I9250 [For Non-ROOTED]
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA software update (JZO54K) on Galaxy Nexus. This tutorial is for beginners who are not used to install software updates manually. Please make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Disclaimer: Try this on your own risk. I’m not responsible if you mess up with your Galaxy Nexus.
Just To Remember:
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy Nexus (I9250, maguro) and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Galaxy Nexus on other carriers.
- Your phone needs to be on Android 4.1.1 JRO03C (previous official update) which is NOT rooted and has stock recovery.
- Do not proceed if you don’t have Android 4.1.1 JRO03C installed.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 (06fa1976791d.signed-takju-JZO54K-from-JRO03C.06fa1976.zip) for Galaxy Nexus on your PC, if you haven’t already. Rename it to update.zip.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Nexus USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the update.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the root (not in any folders).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your tablet.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons till you see the fastboot menu and START on top.
Step 6 - Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Press Volume Up button several times till you see RECOVERY and press Power button to select it.
Step 7 - You will get an exclamation mark now. Again hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now see the Recovery Mode menu.
Step 8 - Select update from SD card. Now select update.zip file and select it with the Power button. Installation should start now.
Step 9 - After the installation completes, the phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Nexus should now have the official Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean software update installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify. Now, you want to root your phone? See the tutorial here on how to root Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.1.2 and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
You Galaxy Nexus is rooted? Then go to the next page for the complete tutorial on how to install this Android 4.1.2 JZO54K OTA update on an already rooted Galaxy Nexus.