Update HTC One X to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
HTC one X can now be updated to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean with Paranoid Android custom ROM. This ROm is based on the AOSP release of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. You can install Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean on HTC One X using the tutorial below. Make sure ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your phone and your bootloader is unlocked.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to update HTC One X with Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean custom ROM. We have given all the steps below and make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding as this tutorial will wipe out all your internal storage data. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
About Paranoid Android:
To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won’t shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
UPDATE: Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM is now available for the HTC One X. Read the tutorial here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One X to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean custom firmware.