Install Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810 Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
Android 4.1.2 is now available for Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 (WiFi) as a custom ROM – Paranoid Android. It is one of the first ROMs to bring the new Jelly Bean update to a number of Android phones and tablets. You can install Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi now using our tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean custom firmware using ClockworkMod recovery. Be warned, that this tutorial will wipe all your existing installed apps and personal settings. Please backup your data from the tools given below. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
About Paranoid Android:
This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you’ve seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It’s a start, but this ain’t enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won’t stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a useful addition and not just a cute novelty. we’re calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6810 (WiFi only) to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean custom ROM.