Update Galaxy Chat B5330 to XXALI2 Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware
Firmwares for the Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 users are now available. The latest software update we have got our hands on is – XXALI2 Android 4.0.4 ICS. It can be downloaded via Samsung KIES, but you can also install it manually using our tutorial below. This update is a September 2012 release and we expect it to fix previous bugs. You can install XXALI2 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Chat B5330 using this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install the official software update XXALI2 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Chat B5330 using ODIN. Please do not forget to backup all your apps and personal data from the tips given below because you never know when something might go wrong. You do NOT need to have root or have ClockworkMod recovery installed for this tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
You can also install stock XXALI2 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware after using a custom ROM and now you can unroot Galaxy Chat B5330 and do a fresh installation of the phone using this tutorial.
Android 4.0.4 XXALI2 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Chat to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Chat USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install XXALI2 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy Chat B5330.