Install Slim Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K on Galaxy S2 I9100 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
We just wrote about Paranoid Android 4.1.2 custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 and now we have another ROM that you can install on your Galaxy S2. You can install Slim Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K on Galaxy S2 I9100 (International) if you have a custom recovery installed and your phone is rooted. Remember, this is not an official Jelly Bean firmware. It is just a custom ROM with modifications.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Slim Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K with complete steps. This tutorial requires you to have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed on your Android phone and that is not covered here. Make sure you also backup all your data as given below. Let’s move on to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install Slim Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K on your Galaxy S2 I9100.