Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 can now be updated to the latest software update – XWALI2 Android 4.0.4 ICS. We don’t have a changelog of this firmware, but since this is the latest one, we expect it to fix any past bugs. You can install XWALI2 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Chat B5330 using this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install the official software update XWALI2 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Chat B5330 using ODIN. Please do not forget to backup all your apps and personal data from the tips given below because you never know when something might go wrong. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
You can also install stock XWALI2 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware after using a custom ROM and now you can unroot Galaxy Chat B5330 and do a fresh installation of the phone using this tutorial.
Android 4.0.4 XWALI2 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Chat to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Chat USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install XWALI2 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy Chat B5330.