How to Root Android 4.1.2 JZO54K on Nexus 7 Jelly Bean and Flash CWM Recovery
Android 4.1.2 JZO54K software update was released a couple of days ago for the Nexus 7 tablet and now we already have a tutorial on how to root Nexus 7 with this firmware. We have already written about how to unlock bootloader on Nexus 7. Now, we will flash a custom recovery on Nexus 7 tablet and root it on Android 4.1.2 JZO54K.
As you continue reading below, will will guide you through all the steps of how to root Nexus 7 on Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean software version with all the required steps to do so. this tutorial will also guide you to install ClockworkMod custom recovery on Nexus 7. Don’t forget to backup your tablet, if needed, from the tips given below. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Nexus 7 tablet to connect it with the computer. Download Nexus 7 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, unlock bootloader or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your bootloader should be unlocked. See here: How to unlock bootloader on Nexus 7.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page to root Nexus 7 on Android 4.1.2 JZO54K.