Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to TurkbeyROM 4.1.1 XXDLIB Custom Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 can now be updated to TurkbeyROM 4.1.1 XXDLIB custom firmware which comes with all the latest updated (and some modified) apps, tons and tons of new features. TurkbeyROM is based on Android 4.1.1 XXDLIB Jelly Bean. You can update Galaxy S3 I9300 to TurkbeyROM 4.1.1 XXDLIB custom firmware using the tutorial below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install TurkbeyROM 4.1.1 XXDLIB on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Please make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.1 XXDLIB Official Firmware
If you came here while looking for the official Android 4.1.1 XXDLIB firmware, check out the links below:
TurkbeyROM 4.1.1 XXDLIB Firmware Features:
- Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
- Wipe (added the option to create efs backup during installation)
- Efs Backup (added the option to create efs backup during installation)
- Costum Bootanimation
- CWM Manager v3.60 by Chainfire (not fully compatible)
- SuperSU v0.96
- init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports init.d
- Added ARM TrustZone system security
- 4 way reboot
- Wipe cache partition automatic before roms installation
- Wipe Dalvik Cache automatic during installation
- Hide SMS from Call Log
- All supported languages enabled
- All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
- Battery % mod
- Disabled scrolling cache
- Enabled call recording
- Removed keyguard ant other security policies from email app
- Hacked Email
- Added New Hosts
- Tweaks for sqlite optimication
- Zipalign apps at boot
- Tweaks for smoother scrolling
- Tweaks for wireless connectivity
- More free ram and stablle
- Many tweaks for better life
- Added home lag fix
- Fix for cell standby issue
- Added 15 Togles Bar Mod ( Thanks Wanam )
- Added lockscreen and jobmanager icons in systemui
- Fix gray statusbar to black
- Added new bars icon for lidroid in Aroma
- -Turkbey Theme1
- -Turkbey Theme2
- -Classic White
- -Classic Light Blue
- -Classic Blue (Default)
- Added hardware information in setting
- Added turkbey icons for apps
- Big weather icon in lockscreen
- Transparent weather widget
- Added Galaxy Note 2 gallery in aroma
- Changed setupwizard
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to TurkbeyROM 4.1.1 XXDLIB custom ROM.