Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to XWALI4 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
Some new firmwares (XWALI4 Android 4.0.4) of the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 have started rolling out over at Samsung KIES. You can download install these software updates from KIEs, but for those who cannot get the update due to any reason, can follow this tutorial for all the steps. You do not need to root Galaxy Note 10.1 or install a custom recovery. You can easily install XWALI4 Android 4.0.4 on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 by following the step-by-step tutorial below.
As you continue reading this tutorial, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XWALI4 Android 4.0.4 official firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 with all the steps required to do so. Do read the tips we have given below and backup all your data. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.0.4 XWALI4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install XWALI4 Android 4.0.4 firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.