Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Galaxy S3 I9300 – How To Tutorial
ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 is now available for the Galaxy S3 I9300. A custom recovery like ClockworkMod allows you to install custom ROMs, root your phone, create Nandroid backups or restore your phone and most of all, you can easily install additional system tweaks as well. You can install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 on Galaxy S3 I9300 using this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52 on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN. For those who are new, ODIN is the firmware flashing tool from Samsung. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data from the tips given below because you never know when something might go wrong – this is just for precaution. You do NOT need to have a rooted phone for this tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
You might also be interested in this:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Galaxy S3 I9300.
How to Flash Galaxy S3 I9300 with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S III with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 18.104.22.168. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 22.214.171.124 tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 for Galaxy S3 to your computer. Do NOT extract this file.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v3.09 which will help you to install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Step 3 – Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy S3 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the file that you have to flash/install on your phone.
- Click on ‘PDA’ / ‘AP’ and select file ‘recovery-cwm-touch-188.8.131.52-i9300.tar‘.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S III has now been flashed with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 6.0.12. To enter recovery mode, shut down phone and then hold down the Home + Volume Up buttons and press the Power button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
UPDATE: Download link updated!
Whenever you restart your phone, stock recovery keeps showing up? There is a fix for that. For details on how to make ClockworkMod Recovery permanent on your Android phone, head over to the next page.