Install Android 4.1.1 B508 on Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 Rooted Firmware
We wrote about the official beta Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 B508 firmware for the Ascend P1 U9200. That was a completely stock version with no modifications. However, you can easily install rooted B508 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 using the tutorial given below. This is the same beta firmware, but it has been already rooted. you will need to have ClockworkMod recovery to install this.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 to B508 Android 4.1.1 rooted Jelly Bean official beta firmware. We have covered all the steps and download files you need in the tutorial below. Please make sure you backup all your apps as this firmware upgrade will wipe your personal settings, data and apps. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 to connect it with the computer. Download Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Remember: For more Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 tutorials and custom firmwares, check here!
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Huawei U9200 Ascend P1 to Android 4.1.1 B508.