How To Root Asus Transformer Pad TF300T on Android 4.1.1 10.4.2.13 Jelly Bean Firmware
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T can now be rooted on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware for full system access. Further more, you will be able to install custom recovery (ClockworkMod) and install custom ROMs as well. We have a the full tutorial that you need to root Transformer Pad TF300T. You can easily root Android 4.1.1 on Transformer Pad TF300T using this tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Transformer Pad TF300T on Android 4.1.1 10.4.2.13 Jelly Bean firmware using stock recovery. Please backup your data from the tools given below as you never know when something might go wrong during the rooting process. Let’s continue below to the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the ASUS Transformer Pad to connect it with the computer. Download ASUS Transformer Pad USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using ASUS KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving ASUS Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Transformer Pad TF300T on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Root Transformer Pad TF300T on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Transformer Pad TF300T on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware. If you are used to installing custom ROMs or other system tweaks on your Transformer Pad TF300T, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it. We don’t want anything to go wrong for you. Make sure your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T is on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build 10.4.2.13. You can check this from Settings > About tablet.
- This rooting method tutorial is only for ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T. Please do not try on any other Transformer Pad variants.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Your bootloader should be unlocked. Google that up if you are unsure.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding. This tutorial will wipe out your internal memory.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Rooting Package + Firmware for Transformer Pad to your computer and extract the .7z file.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Transformer Pad USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Root Package zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your tablet and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the recovery mode. Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the message: Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s). Then, highlight the ‘USB icon’ by pressing the Volume Down button and then press Volume Up to confirm the message.
Step 6 – In recovery, perform a cache wipe first by going to “Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache” and press the Power button to select it. Then scroll down to “install zip from sdcard” and press the Power button to select it.
Step 7 – Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to the Rooting Package zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 9 – After the installation your tablet should reboot automatically now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it. Your ASUS Transformer Pad has now been rooted on Android 4.1.1 10.4.2.13 Jelly Bean firmware. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.