Root XXALJ1 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Official Firmware – Tutorial
The first firmwares for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 came up online today and as always, we are here with the tutorial to root XXALJ1 Android 4.1.1 firmware as well. Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XXALJ1 is based for United Kingdom region, but since it is an unbranded firmware, anyone can install. Follow our easy tutorial below to root XXALJ1 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on XXALJ1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you do not forget to backup all your personal data and apps before proceeding, as given below. Let’s continue with the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to XXALJ1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.1 XXALJ1 Jelly Bean
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.1.1 XXALJ1 Jelly Bean. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This root method tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial will not wipe your data, but always be careful.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.1 CWM + Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to your computer.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to root Android 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Step 3 - Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button, till you see the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text on the screen. Read: How to Enter Download Mode on Galaxy Note 2.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file “cwm6-root-note2.tar”.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has now been rooted on XXALJ1 Android 4.1.1 software version. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.