Install Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 can now already get the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean software update with AOKP’s latest build release. This comes with completely stock firmware with no TouchWiz, just stock Android with great features and system tweaks. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. You can now install Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 custom firmware using ClockworkMod recovery. Be warned, that this tutorial will wipe all your existing installed apps and personal settings. Please backup your data from the tools given below. Let’s continue below to the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
UPDATE: AOKP Build 5 based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available. Read the tutorial here!
Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 Features:
- Custom NavBar Ring on tablets
- Force dual panel view on any device
- Flip or shake your device to snooze/dismiss the alarm (check alarm settings)
- Take screenshot from NavBar
- Enabled USB mass storage emulation for certain devices (i9*)
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 (WiFi + 3G) to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 custom ROM.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 (WiFi + 3G) to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it.
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 4.1.1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Tab 2 variants.
- Your phone SHOULD be rooted.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean because it is a custom ROM.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed from before.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.1.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your tablet and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the recovery mode. Switch on the tablet while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6 - In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8 -Now using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.1.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
NOTE: Repeat this same step for the Google Apps zip file as well.
Step 9 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the tablet by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The tablet will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has now been updated to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 custom ROM. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.