Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 to ZCLP9 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
Android 4.0.4 ZCLP9, a new firmware update has been released for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 users in China. Samsung has might not be updating this tablet to the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, but you can still update to the latest Android 4.0.4 ICS update which would fix a number of old bugs. You can flash Android 4.0.4 build ZCLP9 on your tablet now. Or flash an unstable Android 4.1.1 custom ROM.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 to Android 4.0.4 ZCLP9 (China) official firmware using ODIN. Please make sure you create a backup of all your data before proceeding, because you never know when something might go wrong. Please backup your data from the tools given below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.0.4 ZCLP9 Firmware Details:
Regions: China, Hong Kong
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 to ZCLP9 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.