How to Root Sony Xperia Ray on Android 4.0.4 ICS with One-Click Method
Sony Xperia Ray is a mid range Android phone by Sony. The complete rooting method is now available and as usual,we have the tutorial for you. You can root Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a with Android 4.0.4 ICS with the tutorial given below and also install ClockworkMod recovery which would help you later update to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to root Xperia Ray on Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware with complete steps and instructions. You will have to backup all your data in the phone as a precaution. This tutorial works with Sony Xperia Ray with locked/unlocked bootloaders. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray to connect it with the computer. Download Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Xperia Ray ST18i / ST18a on Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.