Root Xperia Arc S LT18A on Android 4.0.3 ICS with One-Click Root
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S LT18A is one of my favourite phones from Sony with great hardware and features. The complete one-click rooting method is now available for the phone which is very easy to perform and let’s you root Android 4.0.3 ICS in just a few minutes. You can root Xperia Arc S LT18A on Android 4.0.3 ICS with the easy tutorial below.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to root Xperia Arc S LT18A on Android 4.0.3 firmware with complete steps and instructions. Make sure you backup all your data as given in the tips below. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
UPDATE: To root Android 4.0.4 ICS on Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, click here.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S to connect it with the computer. Download Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Xperia Arc S LT18A on Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware.
HOW TO: Root Xperia Arc S LT18A on Android 4.0.3 ICS with One-Click Root
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Xperia Arc S LT18A on Android 4.0.3 ICS with One-Click Root. This is a very simple and easy-to-use tool available for the single-click root method.
Please read the complete tutorial before actually performing it.
Just To Remember:
- This root method tutorial is only for Xperia Arc S LT18A and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Xperia Arc S on other carriers.
- Make a Nandroid (or any) backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Root_Exploit_OneClick.zip for Xperia Arc S to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Connect your Xperia Arc S to your computer using the USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is ON as given on the first page.
Step 3 - Also make sure all USB drivers are properly installed for your phone.
Step 4 - Open the extracted files folder and run the batch file ‘RunMe.bat‘.
NOTE: Your phone might restart 2-3 times during the process. It’s alright and there is no need to panic.
That’s it! Your Xperia Arc S LT18A should now be rooted on Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware (with an unlocked bootloader) installed on your phone! Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.