Root Galaxy SL I9003 on DDLF2 Android 2.3.6 Firmware
Here is the complete rooting guide for how to root Galaxy SL I9003 on DDLF2 Android 2.3.6 official firmware. Samsung released this official firmware over Samsung KIES a few months ago. Make sure your Android phone is on the Android 2.3.6 DDLF2 software version, or do not use this method. To root DDLF2 Android 2.3.6 on Galaxy SL, follow the tutorial below. CWM Recovery will be installed along with this root method.
As you continue reading below, this tutorial will guide you through the entire process of how to root Galaxy SL I9003 on DDLF2 Android 2.3.6 (India) with complete steps. Make sure you backup all your data. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
This CF-Root tutorial also contains ClockworkMod Recovery for your Galaxy SL along with Superuser.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy SL to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy SL USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. Make sure your phone is on Android 2.3.6 DDLF2. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
6. For those interested, we also have a complete tutorial on how to unroot Galaxy SL I9003.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and root Galaxy SL I9003 on DDLF2 Android 2.3.6 official stock firmware.
How to Root Android 2.3.6 DDLF2 on Galaxy SL I9003
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy SL to Android 2.3.6 DDLF2 Gingerbread. If you are used to installing official firmware updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This root method for Android 2.3.6 DDLF2 tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy SL I9003. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download DDLF2_CFROOT-05-07-2012.tar for Galaxy SL to your computer.
Step 2 – Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy SL I9003.
Step 3 – Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 – Make sure you have your Galaxy SL USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 – Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 – If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 – Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the DDLF2_CFROOT-05-07-2012.tar file.
Step 8 – In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
Step 9 – Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 – After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy SL has now been rooted on Android 2.3.6 build DDLF2 software update. Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.