Install Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
It’s a good day for all the AOKP fans! The build 2 of Android 4.1.1 AOKP Jelly Bean was released a few days ago, and luckily Verizon Galaxy Nexus was one of devices that have their support. Android 4.1.1 AOKP brings a much more enhanced version of the stock Android experience for your phone. You can install Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean on VZW Galaxy Nexus using this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean on Verizon Galaxy Nexus with complete steps. Remember, your data will be wiped and you will lose all your settings and apps. Make sure you backup your data as given in the coming steps below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean New features:
- Kill all button in Recents panel
- Backlight settings
- Tablet UI on any device
- DPI switcher
- Custom Vibrations for Phone Calls
- ADB over network
- National Data Roaming option
- Volume music controls
- LED Brightness control
- Charging LED
- Boot animation preview
- Allow full theming of Contacts & Mms
- Allow to set color of Digital Clock Widget
- Power menu options (airplane, screenshot, navbar toggle)
- Ability to answer calls with hardware Home button (Winter is coming!)
- Custom Ring targets
- Allow up to 7 Nav buttons on some devices
- IME Toggler
- Hide ADB icon
- Allow disabling of volume adjust sound
- Hide signal bars
- WiFi & Cell signal text
- Allow rotation on any device
- Added back Info-Lines (Weather, Calendar)
- Menu unlock
- Alternative music layout
- Timer snapshot
- Volume zoom
- 720p recording support for grouper (front)
- Display full date & time
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus LTE to connect it with the computer. Download Verizon Galaxy Nexus USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update VZW Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.