How to Install UVALIC Android 4.1.1 on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 Official OTA Firmware
A new OTA update for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 has been released online. This UVALIC Android 4.1.1 OTA firmware is for those who are on Android 4.1.1 (build UVALI4) can now install this software update. You can easily install UVALIC Android 4.1.1 OTA on Galaxy S III T889 as given below. You do not need to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or even install a custom recovery for this tutorial. Method to root UVALIC Android 4.1.1 OTA will be posted soon.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of installing UVALIC Android 4.1.1 OTA on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 using ODIN flashing tool. Let’s continue with the tutorial and don’t forget to backup all your data as given below. UVALIC Android 4.1.1 OTA is an official OTA (over-the-air) firmware for Galaxy Note 2 users in USA (T-Mobile).
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
OTA Update: Just a quick note here. This is an official OTA (over-the-air) firmware update grabbed from Samsung KIES servers, which means, it is not a full firmware. Your phone will need to already have Android 4.1.1 (build UVALI4) installed and running before you can apply this OTA firmware. Go to Settings > About phone and check your build number.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 to UVALIC Android 4.1.1 OTA firmware.