Samsung Galaxy S3 can be updated now to the latest UBCLG7 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware which has been primarily released for Brazil, but can be used at a number of other places. Users in Brazil should be able to download this update already from the Samsung KIES, but for those who can’t because their devices are rooted can get it manually from here using ODIN. After you upgrade to I9300UBCLG7, you will be able to install the first test Jelly Bean firmware as well. The modem build is TFGCLG4 and the firmware build date is 16th August 2012.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install the official software update UBCLG7 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data from the tips given below because you never know when something might go wrong. You do NOT need to have root or ClockworkMod recovery installed for this tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
You can also install stock UBCLG7 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware after using a custom ROM and now you can unroot Galaxy S3 I9300 and do a fresh installation of the phone using this tutorial.
Android 4.0.4 UBCLG7 Firmware Details:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install UBCLG7 Android 4.0.4 ICS on Galaxy S3 I9300.