Samsung tablets have always known to be one of the last few devices to egt the latest firmware updates. We saw this with the first galaxy Tab 10.1, but looks like Samsung wants to change that. OXACLI Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean test firmware can now be downloaded for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 (WiFi only). The latest Jelly Bean OTA firmware for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 is now available and people who are curious to give this a try can grab it from the download link given in the tutorial below. Remember, this is a test firmware and not a full and final firmware by Samsung.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install the official software update Android 4.1.1 OXACLI Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110 using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
OTA Update: Just a quick note here. This is an official OTA (over-the-air) firmware update grabbed from Samsung KIES servers, which means, it is not a full firmware. Your tablet will need to already have Android 4.0.4 (build XXBLH2) installed and running before you can apply this OTA firmware. Go to Settings > About tablet and check your build number.
Android 4.1.1 OXACLI Firmware Details:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. If your firmware is for the China region, do NOT install it on other Samsung devices bought from anywhere else other than China.
NOTE: Since this is a leaked firmware, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install OXACLI Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P3110 to update to the latest Android release.