You can now update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLI6 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware that has just been out online a few minutes ago. We have written down and easy tutorial for you to install XXDLI6 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN. You can also root XXDLI6 Android 4.1.1 now!
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of installing XXDLI6 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 4.1.1 XXDLI6 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Previous Jelly Bean tutorials for Galaxy S III:
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLI5 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLI4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLI3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLI2 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
NOTE: Since this is a leaked firmware, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. (optional, when updating via ODIN).
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLI6 Android 4.1.1 official firmware.