Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to ZCDLI1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean China OTA Firmware
You can now install ZCDLI1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean China OTA firmware update on Galaxy S3 I9300. Remember, this is just an OTA update (not a full firmware) because of which, you will need to install I9300ZCBLH3 as the base firmware first (or make sure your device is already on I9300ZCBLH3) and then install the new I9300ZCDLI1 Jelly Bean OTA firmware update. We have the full tutorial below as you read this post and also a tutorial to root ZCDLI1 firmware.
As you continue reading this post, we will guide you through all the steps of installing the latest China firmware ZCDLI1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA on Galaxy S3 I9300. Don’t forget to backup all your personal apps and settings as given below. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
OTA Update: Just a quick note here. This is an official OTA (over-the-air) firmware update grabbed from Samsung KIES servers, which means, it is not a full firmware. Your phone will need to already have Android 4.0.4 (build ZCBLH3) installed and running before you can apply this OTA firmware. Go to Settings > About phone and check your build number.
Android 4.1.1 ZCDLI1 Firmware Details:
Base Firmware: I9300ZCDLI1 (4.1.1)
Build Date: 10th September 2012
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. (optional, when updating via ODIN).
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
NOTE: Since this is a leaked firmware, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to ZCDLI1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official OTA firmware.