Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Nightly Custom Firmware
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 users can now also enjoy official CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean nightly builds. They are now available for download. P5100 is the WiFi + 3G version of the second Galaxy Tab which was released earlier this year. You can now install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Nightly on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Nightly custom firmware using ClockworkMod recovery. Be warned, that this tutorial will wipe all your existing installed apps and personal settings. Please backup your data from the tools given below. Let’s continue below to the tutorial.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CyanogenMod 10 (based on Android 4.1.1) Jelly Bean is still in nightly stage and will take several months before it gets matured enough to be released in a beta version. By installing this, you should remember that you may encounter bugs in the ROM after installation.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android tablet with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your tablet battery should be 80-85% charged. If your tablet goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your tablet might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy S3 backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your tablet should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
5. Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 (WiFi only) to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Nightly custom ROM.