We have been seeing a lot of official Android 4.1.1 test firmwares for Galaxy S3 I9300 these days. Just when a firmware was released earlier today, we now have ZNDLH1 Android 4.1.1 OTA Jelly Bean official test firmware that is now out for download. Galaxy S3 users in China can now install ZNDLH1 Android 4.1.1 OTA Jelly Bean on their phones with the easy tutorial below.You do not need to have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install ZNDLH1 Android 4.1.1 OTA Jelly Bean official ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Make sure you backup all your data as given below because you never know when something might go wrong. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
OTA Update: Just a quick note here. This is an official OTA (over-the-air) firmware update grabbed from Samsung KIES servers, which means, it is not a full firmware. Your phone will need to already have Android 4.0.4 (build ZNBLH3) installed and running before you can apply this OTA firmware. Go to Settings > About phone and check your build number.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
NOTE: Since this ROM is based on a leaked test firmware, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to ZNDLH1 Android 4.1.1 OTA Jelly Bean official firmware.