Update Galaxy Mini S5570 to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
We have posted before about CM10 being ported to Galaxy Mini S5570, but that custom ROM had many bugs and many apps didn’t work. CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now available for an early release with almost everything working fine on this new custom ROM and is now available for download. You can install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini S5570 using the tutorial below.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Nightly (CM10) custom firmware using CWM recovery. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Features Not Working:
- HQ video playback (need OpenMAX libraries from Qualcomm, unfortunately, they are not going to release them)
- Native USB tethering
- Native Wi-Fi tethering
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Mini to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Mini USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Remember, this is not an official firmware update. This is a custom ROM, based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini S5570.