Root HTC Desire V and Install ClockworkMod Custom Recovery
HTC Desire V is the first dual-SIM Android phone by HTC, released first in China and then to other countries i.e Pakistan, India. It is a relatively low-end Android phone with low specifications, but since it is a dual SIM smartphone, people who need two SIMs would probably find this phone a lot better option. We have the complete tutorial on how to root HTC Desire V on Android 4.0.3 and flash ClockworkMod recovery.
As you continue reading, we will guide you through the process of how to root HTC Desire V and install custom recovery (ClockworkMod) for installing more system tweaks and custom ROMs. All the steps have been given below and make sure you backup all your existing data in the phone before proceeding. You never know when something might go wrong. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC Desire V to connect it with the computer. Download HTC Desire V USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, unlock bootloader or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Copy all the backup files from your SD card to your computer as internal memory will be wiped clean after unlocking the bootloader.
5. Your bootloader should be unlocked. See here: How to Unlock Bootloader of HTC Phones.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to root HTC Desire V and also how to flash CWM recovery.