How to Install Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 XXBLH4 Android 4.0.4 OTA Firmware
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 (WiFi) can now be updated to XXBLH4 Android 4.0.4 latest firmware. This is also available to Germany users through Samsung KIES, but we have the complete tutorial which would let you install this latest OTA on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 (WiFi) is many other countries. You can install XXBLH4 Android 4.0.4 OTA firmware on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 (WiFi) with this tutorial.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXBLH4 Android 4.0.4 official OTA update on Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) P5110 using ODIN. Please make sure you backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
OTA Firmware Update: This XXBLH4 Android 4.0.4 tutorial is for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 (WiFi) and is not a complete firmware. It is an OTA (over-the-air) firmware update which requires your tablet to be on build XWBLE1 before installing this new update. Go to Settings > About phone to check.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and install XXBLH4 Android 4.0.4 OTA firmware on Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1) P5110.