Install Android 4.1.1 Build XXDLH9 Custom Firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300
This just got in! XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean has been leaked and is now available as a custom deodexed ROM that users can flash on their Galaxy S3 I9300. Not sure how many new features are there, but you can always give it a try yourself. You can easily flash I9300XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300 with CWM. Your phone should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Make sure you backup all your data as given below because this tutorial will wipe your data from CWM recovery. Let’s get to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
What you will get:
- Rooted (ChainDD)
- + CWMManager (Not fully compatible)
- + Enabled hidden languages
- + Included Modem
- + Fixed CSC + 84 CSC
Also read (older build): How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLH8 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Test Firmware.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
NOTE: Since this is a leaked firmware, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware.