Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Latest Official Firmware
XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S3 I9300 has been out online. Everyone was expecting Samsung to announce the official Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 on IFA, but they did not. We now have another test build ready for installation. You can now install XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN without needing any ClockworkMod (CWM) custom recovery or root access.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of installing XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300 using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your data as given below because it is always better to take precaution. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
LATEST! A new firmware XXDLI1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean has been released for the Galaxy S3 I9300. Check here how to install!
Android 4.1.1 XXDLH9 Firmware Details:
Base Firmware: I9300XXDLH9 (4.1.1)
Country: United Kingdom
Build Date: 31st August 2012
Change List: 104023
- How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLH8 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLH7 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
- How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLH6 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging. (optional, when updating via ODIN).
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
NOTE: Since this is a leaked firmware, make sure you know that after installing this firmware update, your can get FC errors, boot loops, several other bugs, apps might not work or worse, your phone might not boot. To fix, you will have to reinstall stock firmware.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXDLH9 Android 4.1.1 official Jelly Bean firmware update.