Update HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 AOSP Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for HTC One X doesn’t seem to be coming out anytime soon because HTC still has not announced any release dates. Till then, we will have to do with custom ROMs and what is better to experience pure AOSP Android on your HTC phone. You can install Android 4.1.1 AOSP Jelly Bean (JRO93L) on HTC One X with CWM recovery.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.1.1 AOSP Jelly Bean on HTC One X. Please make sure to backup all your data as this tutorial will wipe your internal storage. Make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery installed. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
- Wireless doesn’t connect for a small handful of users
- Radio also doesn’t work for a small number of users in recent builds
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the HTC One X to connect it with the computer. Download HTC One X USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 AOSP Jelly Bean custom firmware.