How to Update AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean firmware is now available for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747. The official Jelly Bean software update is still not announced yet by AT&T, but we are sure it will be releasing sometime around next month. CyanogenMod 10 development has started with latest nightly versions every day. You need to have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed on your phone.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of installing CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean custom firmware on AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 which would let you experience the pure Android interface with no TouchWiz. Please make sure you backup your data as given below. Let’s move on to the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CyanogenMod 10 (based on Android 4.1.1) Jelly Bean is still in nightly stage and will take several months before it gets matured enough to be released in a beta version. By installing this, you should remember that you may encounter bugs in the ROM after installation.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download AT&T Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean custom firmware.