Root XXDLH7 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Firmware with CF-Root
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 received the latest XXDLH7 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official firmware. The complete method to root XXDLH7 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300 is now available with full instructions. Go to Settings > About phone and check to make sure your Galaxy S3 is on Android 4.1.1 build XXDLH7.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root XXDLH7 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 with complete steps. Please backup your data as given below because you never know when something might get wrong. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
NOTE: Your Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 should be on the Android 4.1.1 build XXDLH7 firmware in order to apply this root method.
CF-Root Package Contents:
CF-Root package comes with the following:
- SuperSU v0.93
- ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery v5.5
- CWM Manager v3.60
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S III to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and root Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXDLH7 Android 4.1.1 firmware.