Nightly version of CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now available for the Galaxy S2 I9100. This International version of the Galaxy S2 was not included in the initial roll out of nightly builds of Jelly Bean CM10. You can install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 (International) if you have a custom recovery installed and your phone is rooted.
In this tutorial, we will guide you how to install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100 with complete steps. This tutorial requires you to have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed on your Android phone and that is not covered here. Make sure you also backup all your data as given below. Let’s move on to the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
CyanogenMod 10 (based on Android 4.1.1) Jelly Bean is still in nightly stage and will take several months before it gets matured enough to be released in a beta version. By installing this, you should remember that you may encounter bugs in the ROM after installation.
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S II USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your Samsung Galaxy S II should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
HOW TO: Install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy S2, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S II and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure. Make sure you read the entire tutorial first before actually performing it.
- This tutorial is only for installing CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S2 variants.
- Your phone SHOULD be rooted.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean because it is a custom ROM.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed from before.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Galaxy S2 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded CM10 ZIP file and Google Apps zip to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn off your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the recovery mode. Switch on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons.
Step 6 – In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
Step 7 – Press the power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8 –Now using your volume keys, navigate to the CM10 ZIP file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
NOTE: Repeat this step again for the Google Apps zip file.
Step 9 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy S2 should now have CM10 Android 4.1.1 Nightly Jelly Bean installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE as a thanks to us! 😉
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.