Update Samsung I9100G Galaxy S2 to JPLP9 Android 4.0.3 ICS Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G in Pakistan received a new firmware update on their phones a few days ago which brought JPLP9 Android 4.0.3 firmware on the phone. If you are in Pakistan, then it would be easier to update your Galaxy S2 from Samsung KIES, or you can follow our easy tutorial below to install this firmware manually. This firmware is for I9100G and JPLP9 (Android 4.0.3 ICS) can be installed on any I9100G phone, except Chinese variants.
We have written a complete tutorial to easily guide you through the process of how to install the official software update Android 4.0.3 JPLP9 ICS on Galaxy S2 I9100G using ODIN. All the steps have been clearly mentioned and explained below. Let’s continue with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Android 4.0.3 JPLP9 Firmware Details:
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S II to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: How to Check Battery Percentage.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Galaxy S2 I9100G to JPLP9 4.0.3 ICS firmware.